Thursday, January 31, 2013

My Sewing/Craft Armoire

I'm an avid Pintrester. On my news feed lately I have seen lots of armoires turned craft closet so I thought I would share mine with you.

Currently I live in a 3 bedroom apartment with the husband, the two boys, the dog and the four guinea pigs. There isn't much room for anything else especially when my husband needs one of those rooms for an office! At first I shared the office with my husband but after awhile that became impractical. He often has computer parts spread from one end to the other and was constantly "reorganizing" my side of the closet. -.-





Enter in my crafting armoire complete with lock (that my husband installed). It's not pretty, it's not fancy, it doesn't even match my furniture, but it gets the job done. I found it on Craig's List for 75 dollars. The price was right.











I used cheap bins from the dollar store to stash smaller items like ribbon, buttons, sewing needles, paint, ect. Nothing too fancy. 

See the fabric stash there? That is an IKEA Rast bedside table, turned on its side. The "leg" section leaves the prefect amount of space to store patterns and folders while the inner section is perfect for folded fabric.





This is the best part! The armoire is actually a computer armoire, complete with fold out desk and lights. I use the desk mostly for cutting fabric or working on small projects. With bigger projects I'm still regulated to the kitchen table.

I keep extra fabric in the Ikea bins above the armoire. It keeps everything close.










This is a magnet board and magnetic spice cans were from Ikea and fits perfecting on the side of the armoire.


I dream of the day when we buy our first home and I can have a space to spread all my crafts out in but for now this works great.

1 comment: