Saturday, August 16, 2014

DIY: Easy Peasy Minecraft Art



Before I had kids I painted all the time. I was actually pretty good at it. Better at painting than I was at drawing but since having kids I haven't picked up a paint brush in a truly artistic way. When I started to think about Kyle's Minecraft room and creating art for it I dreaded the thought of trying to paint a picture around the boys doing their boy things... (fighting, wrestling, fighting, playing nicely for 10 seconds then fighting again...1 more week of summer! Thank goodness!)

Luckily there is Mod Podge!

For this project I scanned a tee-shirt of a Spider-Man Minecraft figure and printed it out.


Next I cut out the Minecraft Spider-Man:



On to painting the background... A little bit of acrylic paint spattered around a flat canvas I bought at Wal-Mart, then painted with a wide brush. I used two shades of blue along with white and black:



Here is the finished background. Acrylic paint takes about 15 minutes to dry:



 Next I Mod Podged the Spider-Man guy onto the background:



And finish up his web by painting a few small white squares:


That is it! The perfect bit of art work for a Spider-Man/Minecraft loving boy and the time crunched mother.


2 comments:

  1. That is a cool project. Mind if I post it on our FB page? That's an excellent way to create personalized art quickly!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Go ahead, I would love it if more people shared!

      Delete