Saturday, February 26, 2011

Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough

I confess my kids eat play dough. There must be something to that flour and salt mixture they like, though I can’t think of what it is? The food dye maybe?

In search of something less food dye-y and less salty and more food-y to make play dough out of I stumbled across this recipe for Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough.

Edible Peanut Butter Play Dough:

1 C creamy peanut butter
2 C powdered sugar
1/2 C honey

Mix the ingredients together with no mess using an electric mixer or let your kids do it for an extremely fun and messy time.

I used the organic make-it-your-self peanut butter from the bulk section at HEB. The crunchy texture did not deter my kids at all and made it feel kind of cool. I’m thinking next time I should use chocolate peanut butter or Reece’s peanut butter or a combo?… Mmmmm… Reece’s chocolate peanut butter play dough….

Do I feel better that instead of salt and flour my kids are eating sugar and peanut butter? I’m not sure. But it was fun!


No comments:

Post a Comment