Monday, April 1, 2013

DIY: Dalek Painted Coffee Cup

 
I would like to introduce you to my favorite cup for tea


There it is! It's an awesome cup, holds the right amount of tea for my morning cup but it's rather plain. I thought I should change all that.

For this project you will need:

1 glass cup (you can get these at the dollar store)
Enamel Paint (Craft stores, Wal-Mart)

First find an image you like. I stuck with something simple like this silhouette of a Dalek.


Print it out to a size that will fit your cup


Tape the image on the INSIDE of the cup


Paint over it. I found it easier to close one eye and position myself directly over the spot that I was painting. This made sure I got all the little bumps and groves in the right spots.


Carefully take the paper off. You will be able to see 
the spots that were thin or didn't get paint this way. 

I painted over them making it all back. 


I free handed the Dalek spears in silver on to the silhouette.
Once your cup is the way you like it follow the dirrections on the back of the enamel paint.
I used FolkArt enamel paint and it called for letting the project 
sit for 30 minutes then bake it for 30 minutes at 350.


"Caffeinate! Caffeinate! Caffeinate!"that's what my Dalek cup 
says to me in the wee hours before the sun gets up.


Here it is all filled with chia tea. I love chia tea.



No comments:

Post a Comment